1. The Patriots have been running up the score on opposing teams for years. I’ve heard all the, “…but it’s their style of play!” responses and yes, it is their style of play, but it’s completely unnecessary and as with Gronkowski (breaking his forearm blocking on the extra point try to go up 59-24 with under 4 minutes left to play) it proves to bite them in the ass from time to time.
2. Gronkowski will reportedly be out anywhere from 4-8 weeks.
3. If the injury lingers and they are without Gronk in the playoffs they will be quickly out of the playoffs. He makes that kind of difference in their offense. Mark it down.
4. How bad is the Chicago Bears offensive line? There isn’t a QB in the league that could do anything with their line.
5. Can you remember the last time a team managed to go 7-3 with an offensive line this bad?! I feel for Cutler and Campbell.
6. The Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills game was wretched. In the game the Dolphins offensive possessions looked like this; punt, punt, fumble, punt, punt, punt, punt, missed FG, TD, INT, INT. I mean…good God…
7. The struggles that the Texans and Falcons had with Jaguars and Cardinals (respectively) just goes to show it’s really anyone’s game this year.
8. I honestly believe that 12 of the top 15 teams in my rankings have a realistic chance to win the Super Bowl.
9. The Saints are now 5-5 after an 0-4 start. I thought they were dead in the water, but now? They have an outside shot at the playoffs, in my opinion. Remaining schedule; San Fran, @ Atl, @ NYG, TB, @ Dal, Car.
10. If the Giants play against the Packers the way they played against the Steelers and the Bengals they will get obliterated.
TO THE RANKINGS!; Continue reading “The DKY NFL Power Rankings 2012 (Week 12)”