You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Chicago Bears’ tag.
Brian Urlacher is a hell of a football player. He is a sure-fire, first ballot Hall of Famer.
No doubt about it.
However, this isn’t about his accolades or accomplishments, it’s about him questioning his own fans.
Sunday in Chicago the Bears lost against their rival, the Green Bay Packers, 21-13 in what was their fifth loss in their last six games. Four of the five losses came in Soldier Field.
The fans were frustrated and disappointed after starting the season 7-1 only to lose 5 of 6 to end up 8-6 with two games remaining, so they booed. They booed loud and often.
“Our crowd was pretty good today for the most part,” Urlacher said Sunday during his weekly segment on Fox Chicago. “They were loud for a minute there. The boos were really loud, which is always nice. The only team in our division to get booed at home is us. It’s unbelievable to me.”
Why is it ‘unbelievable’ to you? You started 7-1 and easily led your division, then dropped 5 of 6 to fall to 8-6 where you currently sit on the outside looking in at the playoffs.
Is it so unbelievable that your loyal fans would be pissed off at the possibility of missing the playoffs for the fifth time in the last six seasons? Is there some rule that states only ‘real’ fans don’t boo their team?
You bought the ticket and paid for the parking and the excessive food and drinks, you have every right in the world to boo the shit out of your team if they play the way you’ve played. The ‘unbelievable’ thing to me would be the fans not caring enough that they didn’t boo.
The booing, to me, shows they care more than you think they do. It means they don’t want to settle for what you’re giving them. It means they actually care how you’re playing. That’s a good thing.
Your offense managed a pitiful 107 passing yards on Sunday against a not-so-good Packers defense. In week 11 against the 49ers you threw for, wait for it, 58 yards. Disgusting.
So, Brian Urlacher, your fans have every right in the world to boo you. Play better or shut up.
1. Thanks 49ers & Rams. Ties fucking suck.
(While I say that, if it were my team I would much rather tie than lose. Ties are better than a loss.)
2. The Giants are playing like a bunch pansy’s. I said it, pansy’s! There’s really no way to express how bad the Giants have played in all facets of the game. If they manage to make the playoffs playing like this they would get demolished.
3. Funny to hear the Saints complain about another player(s)/team being classless after the offseason they had. Comical.
4. The Saints are extremely dangerous if they can win enough games to make the playoffs. Would you want your team to play them in the 1st round?
5. The Eagles are done. Fire Andy Reid and blow most of the roster up. It’s time. All the chips were pushed in and it didn’t work.
6. The Cowboys pushed their rival to this point with the beatdown they laid on them, 38-23.
7. If the Broncos go 11-5 and win their division (both extremely plausible), how is Peyton Manning not the NFL MVP?
8. The answer is, Peyton Manning would 100% be the MVP.
ON TO THE RANKINGS! Read the rest of this entry »