You are currently browsing the monthly archive for November 2012.
2. The Eagles are in complete chaos now. Firing almost everyone in sight, from coordinators to All Pro defensive ends.
3. The race for the #1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft is becoming quite competitive these days. The Chiefs (1-10) have the inside track right now, but the Jaguars (2-9) are right behind them and the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders (all 3-8) are just waiting in the wings.
4. The Patriots have scored a whopping 80 points more than the second highest scoring team, the Texans, 407-327.
5. The Kansas City Chiefs have scored a putrid 161 points through 11 games. That’s only 14.6 ppg.
6. The Oakland Raiders have given up 356 points (32.3 ppg) through 11 games. Holy shit.
7. The most shocking game to me was the Giants complete and utter obliteration of the Packers, 38-10. The Giants even let off the gas after the half only scoring on a late 3rd quarter TD from Manning to Nicks.
8. I have absolutely no problem with Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles getting Broncos QB Peyton Manning’s autograph after the game. It’s as good a time as any.
9. My record picking NFL games straight up this season is 115-60-1. My picks for Week 13 are; Falcons, Bills, Bears, Lions, Packers, Texans, Panthers, 49ers, Patriots, Cardinals, Broncos, Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Cowboys, Giants.
10. Against the spread I am, 86-90. Read the rest of this entry »
1. The Patriots have been running up the score on opposing teams for years. I’ve heard all the, “…but it’s their style of play!” responses and yes, it is their style of play, but it’s completely unnecessary and as with Gronkowski (breaking his forearm blocking on the extra point try to go up 59-24 with under 4 minutes left to play) it proves to bite them in the ass from time to time.
2. Gronkowski will reportedly be out anywhere from 4-8 weeks.
3. If the injury lingers and they are without Gronk in the playoffs they will be quickly out of the playoffs. He makes that kind of difference in their offense. Mark it down.
4. How bad is the Chicago Bears offensive line? There isn’t a QB in the league that could do anything with their line.
5. Can you remember the last time a team managed to go 7-3 with an offensive line this bad?! I feel for Cutler and Campbell.
6. The Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills game was wretched. In the game the Dolphins offensive possessions looked like this; punt, punt, fumble, punt, punt, punt, punt, missed FG, TD, INT, INT. I mean…good God…
7. The struggles that the Texans and Falcons had with Jaguars and Cardinals (respectively) just goes to show it’s really anyone’s game this year.
8. I honestly believe that 12 of the top 15 teams in my rankings have a realistic chance to win the Super Bowl.
9. The Saints are now 5-5 after an 0-4 start. I thought they were dead in the water, but now? They have an outside shot at the playoffs, in my opinion. Remaining schedule; San Fran, @ Atl, @ NYG, TB, @ Dal, Car.
10. If the Giants play against the Packers the way they played against the Steelers and the Bengals they will get obliterated.
TO THE RANKINGS!; Read the rest of this entry »
The NFL Networks opening song is, for lack of a better word(s), fucking terrible. They need to show a little more effort. I even like Cee Lo, but that was bad.
8:30pm – The NFL Network puts up a graphic showing that Ryan Tannehill is the first QB taken in the 1st round since Dan Marino. And that’s where the comparison ends.
8:31 – The Bills force a 3 & out. Having watched most of their games, this could have been much worse for the Bills.
8:32 – LEODIS MCKELVIN!!! Wow. 79-yard punt return for TD and just like that it’s Bills up 7-0. Apparently McKelvin has the highest punt return average in the NFL or so they’ve told me. Read the rest of this entry »
1. Thanks 49ers & Rams. Ties fucking suck.
(While I say that, if it were my team I would much rather tie than lose. Ties are better than a loss.)
2. The Giants are playing like a bunch pansy’s. I said it, pansy’s! There’s really no way to express how bad the Giants have played in all facets of the game. If they manage to make the playoffs playing like this they would get demolished.
3. Funny to hear the Saints complain about another player(s)/team being classless after the offseason they had. Comical.
4. The Saints are extremely dangerous if they can win enough games to make the playoffs. Would you want your team to play them in the 1st round?
5. The Eagles are done. Fire Andy Reid and blow most of the roster up. It’s time. All the chips were pushed in and it didn’t work.
6. The Cowboys pushed their rival to this point with the beatdown they laid on them, 38-23.
7. If the Broncos go 11-5 and win their division (both extremely plausible), how is Peyton Manning not the NFL MVP?
8. The answer is, Peyton Manning would 100% be the MVP.
ON TO THE RANKINGS! Read the rest of this entry »
1. How ’bout them Eagles?! It’s time to blow that team up. At least time for Andy Reid to hit the road. Most of the time a team and coach’s relationship just runs its course. I think the Eagles and Coach Reid are ready for a divorce.
2. The Falcons continue to not be the best team in the league and yet be the best team in the league (record-wise). I like each of the four teams below them in the rankings better, but they are the only undefeated team and that gets you a #1 ranking in my book.
3. DOUG MARTIN! His last three games combined stats look like this; 70 carries, 471 rushing, 6.7 avg, 6 TD’s & 10 rec, 137 receiving, 13.7 avg, 1 TD.
4. The Giants are playing some of their most uninspired football since Weeks 11 & 12 of last season (against Philly & @ New Orleans, both losses). Everything seems flat. Offense, defense, special teams…everything.
5. The Cowboys are broken offensively. Not sure if it can even be fixed with the current players.
6. How much money will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones shower upon (now) free agent coach Sean Payton?
7. The way you’d hear people talk about the Bears you’d think they were 4-4, except they’re 7-1 and a bounce or two away from the #1 seed in the NFC. If their O-line is in order and Cutler is on his game coupled with that stellar defense and Matt Forte they are going to be an extremely hard out the rest of the way.
8. The Ravens appear to be teetering to me. They did beat the Browns, but it wasn’t pretty. The remaining schedule (Oak, @Pitt, @SD, Pitt, @Wash, Den, NYG, @Cincy) might not be so kind if they continue on with how they’ve played the last couple of weeks.
9. Who would have thought that a Week 9 match up between the Miami Dolphins and Indianapolis Colts would have so much possible playoff repercussions?
10. Andrew Luck is a monster after breaking the record for passing yards for a rookie QB with 433.
Onward to the rankings; Read the rest of this entry »
1. The Giants and Cowboys played one of the more ugly games you’ll ever see. Easily the ugliest game (with the exception of the Browns-Chargers 7-6 debacle) of the season.
It’s as if both teams would get the ball and say, “No, really, you take the ball back”, “No YOU take the ball back!!”
Week 9 Power Rankings
(last week’s ranking in parentheses) Read the rest of this entry »